July 30, 2006

Republicans and motivations - War and Victory

Ymars: re: “Republicans have often times desired, like mama, to limit the violence.”

Actually, I don’t think limiting violence is possible. I was only pointing out that the ability to stop is an individual ability and responsibility, rendering the “victim” mentality inherent in the hunt for the “root cause” a red herring… and a damned dangerous one at that.

The reason I don’t think limiting violence is possible is because too many people simply will not take responsibility for their own actions. They’re always going to point a finger of blame to a “root cause”. With willing accomplices in the MSM who took Psych 101 in college ever on the lookout for “victims”, they are too often allowed to get away with shirking their personal responsibility for their actions.


Mama replies to to a comment of mine about conservatives/Republicans wanting to limit violence. Here's the clarfification to what I mean. The title link goes to bookworm's comments section where it happened. Grim's post should clarify things a bit on what I was thinking when I wrote what I wrote.

Here's what I wrote in reply to her.

I don't mean it in the sense of direct limitations. Grim speaks better about what I mean than I can. Many Republicans I see, hear, speak to, and converse with act like Grim. They seem to have the same desires, motivations, and justifications as Grim does, here in this thing he wrote on bf.

I also didn't write what I wrote, because I was thinking of what you, mama, said about root causes.


update some links talking about the same subject, but from the other side.

Some bakground info on Lebanon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... that explains it. Thank you. I took your comment as a criticism, apparently unjustly :). I was trying to clarify what I meant.

30 July, 2006 17:43  
Blogger Ymarsakar said...

It is a criticism in a way, you know ; )

It is just a constructive criticism, and because many Republicans have not gotten those in awhile from the Left, they have forgotten what it looks like.

30 July, 2006 17:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the other hand, I'm an artist, and don't consider "constructive critism" to be criticism in the sense people usually mean, but rather as "useful commentary".

30 July, 2006 21:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home